Resolutions are not just for New Year’s Day, but something we should be thinking about all year round. Especially if we are talking about a business strategy.
Let’s take a couple of minutes to talk about your website.
When was the last time you looked at your website like a potential customer seeing your website for the very first time ever? Okay, let’s try another question, when was the last time you updated the content on your website?
Go to your computer and open your favorite browser, type in the URL of your business’ website, wait for it to open, now look at it . . . .
Here are a few questions you should answer:
- Without scrolling or changing the size of the window, are you able to see any of the following:
- The NAME of your business?
- A clear, concise statement of what you are about?
- A list of your social media platforms (or the little icons that will connect visitors to your social media pages)? Not doing social media? We should talk later.
- Are the colors reflective of your brand?
- Do you have a nice clean logo?
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, are you able to see any of the following:
- Copyright date of your website? Is it the current year?
- Contact information – telephone number, email address, and street address; basic contact stuff?
- Is the content on your site laid out in a logical manner that is easy to follow? Can visitors to your site easily navigate around your website to find the information they need?
- In addition to good content that is easy to read and understand, is your website visually appealing with nice graphics, good colors and high quality images?
Think about this, think about your business, think about what you need to do, then, we should talk.
Before you go, I am going throw in a plug, a shameless one at that. We offer businesses a review of your website and how your current marketing efforts are doing in driving traffic to the website. It is a called a Strategy Developer and when you call to talk to an Account Executive let them know you read this blog and are interested in a Strategy Developer for your company’s website and how we can help grow your business.
Next time, we will be talking about what digital marketing platforms you are using.