How do you know what landing page is going to yield the best results?
How do you know which ad is going to generate the best traffic to your website?
How do you know where to place the call to action on your landing page for the greatest response?
The simple answer – TESTING.
There are a plethora of experts and studies who will be more than happy to tell you the one and only way to any of the above questions. But the best path to discover the answer for your website and your target audience is to test it yourself. Or even better, have your digital marketing agency set-up and run the test for you.
What do you need to effectively test?
- A plan (keep it simple).
- A Google Account including Google Analytics, Google AdWords and perhaps, Webmaster Tools. There are plenty of other tools available some at no cost and others with expensive subscriptions. But, to start, keep it simple.
- Patience, depending on the volume of traffic generated on your website, results could be determined in 2 weeks or it could take 2 months, generally most tests will yield statistically significant results within 30 days.
What should my plan include?
- What do you want to test? Landing pages, page layout, banner design, call to action??
- Test ONE of those options at a time. The results of that test will help direct the focus of subsequent tests.
How often should I test?
- Simple answer, you should always be testing.
Need help, give us a call.